[Coco] My Drivewire Problems Are Solved! Happy Happy Joy Joy

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Tue Mar 24 19:38:15 EDT 2015

<snip>

> But the  good news is, the BIOS update fixed whatever was conflicting with
> Drivewire (Java really) and now drivewire boots in seconds, runs smoothly,
> and appears very stable.

I've had a chance to go over the release notes for the BIOS update I
mentioned earlier and there were some patches to the routines that deal with
sleep and hibernation modes. And it was drives coming out of sleep mode
which took drivewire down 99% of the time. So it looks like that was where
the source for my drivewire troubles originated.  Why the drives themselves
were going to sleep when specifically set to stay on remains a mystery that
I can't duplicate.

I never even considered the BIOS as a possible source for my dw problems.
It was a fluke that I even ran across this BIOS update.  Debugging via
coincidence.  Ya gotta love it.