[Coco] ROM Development question

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 17:11:06 EDT 2015

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:37:02 -0400
Mathieu Chouinard <chouimat at gmail.com> wrote:

> You know it's kind of sad, that I have a better setup at home than
> the one they gave here for linux development ...  I miss my 4
> 1680x1050 monitors and my 32GB 8 cores macpro :)
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It is absolutely amazing what we have available for developing
> > stuff today compared to back then.  The tools, and especially the
> > information available on the internet.
> >
> > For example, with part of my tax return, I just added a new 32"
> > Benq design monitor and a new graphics card to my dev/cad machine.
> > At  3840 x 2160, 8.3 million pixels driven by dual NVIDIA GTX 760s.
> > This thing is going to be an incredible tool for board design.
> > Pure science fiction back then, and incredibly expensive or
> > unavailable just a few years ago.
> >
> > It's a great time to be a hobbyist involved in electronics.   :)

If you are interested in it, here's my suggestion. If you are going to
build the fabled and much discussed CoCo4, do it... quietly! If you let
on that you are up to... well if you've been on this list for any
length of time, you know what will happen. Just do it, try to build
some expandability into it and THEN announce its existence. Always
better to ask for forgiveness than for permission 8-).

Cheers