[Coco] MC10 guys feeling left out of the DIY discussion?

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:53:03 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Joe Grubbs <jsgrubbs at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have been working on a small SBC that is an update to the MC-10.  I call it the MC-11 because it is based on the 68HC11 rather than the 6803.

I hereby declare myself the biggest fan of this project. And no, your
fan-ness isn't bigger than mine, so scram.

Gosh, I'm starting to sound like a creepy stalker, aren't I?

> The HC11 instruction set is upward binary compatible with the 6803 so the plan is for it to be able to run the vast majority of existing MC-10 programs (what little there is).

You can consider Greg Dionne's Pac-Man port, alone, as making up the
aforementioned "vast majority".

> I spent most of last weekend just trying to figure out how to get the HC11 to share RAM with the 6847 VDG without producing any sparkles (no SAM chip in this computer).

Dual-port SRAM?

> Next up will be to devise a PS2 keyboard interface which can mimic the MC-10 hardware.

Maybe you can reverse-engineer Cloud-9's one?

Juan