[Coco] 6 Chip 6809 Computer - Final Design, Hopefully

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Mar 9 23:48:37 EDT 2015

On Monday 09 March 2015 21:57:01 Kip Koon wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have what I believe will be the final design for the 6 Chip 6809
> Computer v1.0.  Grants original design had every input tied high.
> With the requests to have an expansion bus, I put my Kipper Bus on the
> PCB and put 1K pull up resisters on all inputs to the 6809 processor.
> This design is an excellent first single board computer project for
> someone who has never made a little PCB computer.  However, I feel the
> design is a bit restrictive for a more capable single board computer
> or a CPU board to be used as the basis of a multi-board computer.
> With that being said, I am quite interested to see what you guys come
> up with.
>
> Here are the pdfs of the design as it currently stands.  I finished it
> this afternoon.  Please let me know your thoughts, suggestions, ideas
> for future versions, etc.
>
> This is the main schematic.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx7wvrpkk7qzabm/Grant%27s%206-Chip%206809%20
>Comput
> er%20-%20Exactly%20Like%20The%20Original%20Design%20tighter%20layout%2
>0Kippe r%20Bus%20sch.pdf?dl=0

This link won't work with most browsers as its way too long at 177
active characters.  Nor is it surrounded by what is used in html as
quotation marks, aka a <link> syntax.

For stuff like this kip, turn off the word wrap in your email composer
so it doesn't break up long lines, then surround the link with a set
of <>, something like this:

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx7wvrpkk7qzabm/Grant%27s%206-Chip%206809%20Computer%20-%20Exactly%20Like%20The%20Original%20Design%20tighter%20layout%20Kipper%20Bus%20sch.pdf?dl=0>

Which might work if I did the copy/pasteing correctly. Links that long
can also be submitted to tinyurl, which will return a hash you can post.
Tinyurl can also set the lifetime of that link.

> This is the power rails and DC input schematic.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/avjexzf88bghgxe/Grant%27s%206-Chip%206809%20
>Comput
> er%20-%20Exactly%20Like%20The%20Original%20Design%20tighter%20layout%2
>0Kippe r%20Bus%20sch%202.pdf?dl=0
>
> This is the PCB Board layout.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gj1k632ktzlhyfs/Grant%27s%206-Chip%206809%20
>Comput
> er%20-%20Exactly%20Like%20The%20Original%20Design%20tighter%20layout%2
>0Kippe r%20Bus%20brd.pdf?dl=0
>
> I think this will be the design I make the first prototypes with
> unless anyone finds a problem that needs correcting.  Just let me know
> if you find anything.  I'd like to go ahead and build a prototype as
> soon as possible. Take care my friends.
>

> Kip Koon
>
>  <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com
>
>  <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>