[Coco] 6 Chip 6809 Computer - Final Design, Hopefully

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Mar 9 21:57:01 EDT 2015

Hi Guys,

I have what I believe will be the final design for the 6 Chip 6809 Computer
v1.0.  Grants original design had every input tied high.  With the requests
to have an expansion bus, I put my Kipper Bus on the PCB and put 1K pull up
resisters on all inputs to the 6809 processor.  This design is an excellent
first single board computer project for someone who has never made a little
PCB computer.  However, I feel the design is a bit restrictive for a more
capable single board computer or a CPU board to be used as the basis of a
multi-board computer.  With that being said, I am quite interested to see
what you guys come up with.

Here are the pdfs of the design as it currently stands.  I finished it this
afternoon.  Please let me know your thoughts, suggestions, ideas for future
versions, etc.

This is the main schematic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx7wvrpkk7qzabm/Grant%27s%206-Chip%206809%20Comput
er%20-%20Exactly%20Like%20The%20Original%20Design%20tighter%20layout%20Kippe
r%20Bus%20sch.pdf?dl=0

This is the power rails and DC input schematic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avjexzf88bghgxe/Grant%27s%206-Chip%206809%20Comput
er%20-%20Exactly%20Like%20The%20Original%20Design%20tighter%20layout%20Kippe
r%20Bus%20sch%202.pdf?dl=0

This is the PCB Board layout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gj1k632ktzlhyfs/Grant%27s%206-Chip%206809%20Comput
er%20-%20Exactly%20Like%20The%20Original%20Design%20tighter%20layout%20Kippe
r%20Bus%20brd.pdf?dl=0

I think this will be the design I make the first prototypes with unless
anyone finds a problem that needs correcting.  Just let me know if you find
anything.  I'd like to go ahead and build a prototype as soon as possible.
Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>