[Coco] 4 Port MPI PCB artwork (so far)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Mar 8 21:45:46 EDT 2015

On Sunday 08 March 2015 13:46:38 RETRO Innovations wrote:
> On 3/8/2015 5:19 AM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 8:22 AM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
> >>   * Seriously thinking about remove the angled ears.  Anyone care?
> >
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Just hoping it will fit without issues into the Dragon as well.
>
> I'm kicking myself for not picking up a Dragon 64 at the Midwest
> Gaming Classic in 2014.  Guy had NIB units, and I was being wishy
> washy about it.  Maybe he'll be back this year.  Is $60 too much for
> one?
>
> Looking at the pic you sent, it'd be nice to understand how much room
> the bolt takes up.  As it stands right now, it looks like carts with
> the plated "ground ears" would not fit, like Kip's EPROM or the FDC
> controller.  The angled tabs look OK, but the grounding pads look to
> interfere with the bolts.

> > believe all CoCo cartridges fit into the Dragon, but I haven't seen
> > any cartridges with such ears. What cartridge is your board modelled
> > after? Dragon cartridges usually have only the finger connector part
> > protruding, some examples:
> > http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index.php?title=Dragon_DOS
>
> Gene sent me a pic of a cart with ears and grounding tabs.  Not sure
> what it was.  gene?
>
> Jim

According to the label on the cart, its a 26-3029, one of the earlier
FDC's.  It does not have a WD-1793  but the Fujitsu MB8877 for a brain.
I haven't plugged it in in about 20 years, but it worked, no surprises,
the last time I did.  But because the SC-II is a no halt, I always
return to it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)