[Coco] 4 Port MPI PCB artwork (so far)

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Mar 8 13:46:38 EDT 2015

On 3/8/2015 5:19 AM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 8:22 AM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
>>   * Seriously thinking about remove the angled ears.  Anyone care?
>>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Just hoping it will fit without issues into the Dragon as well.
I'm kicking myself for not picking up a Dragon 64 at the Midwest Gaming
Classic in 2014.  Guy had NIB units, and I was being wishy washy about
it.  Maybe he'll be back this year.  Is $60 too much for one?

Looking at the pic you sent, it'd be nice to understand how much room
the bolt takes up.  As it stands right now, it looks like carts with the
plated "ground ears" would not fit, like Kip's EPROM or the FDC
controller.  The angled tabs look OK, but the grounding pads look to
interfere with the bolts.

> believe all CoCo cartridges fit into the Dragon, but I haven't seen
> any cartridges with such ears. What cartridge is your board modelled
> after? Dragon cartridges usually have only the finger connector part
> protruding, some examples:
> http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index.php?title=Dragon_DOS
Gene sent me a pic of a cart with ears and grounding tabs.  Not sure
what it was.  gene?

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com