[Coco] Minted buffer size

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Mar 7 23:56:55 EST 2015

Stephen, I have never said I used an editor with no line limit, though I was looking for one at one time. I have always (since about 89 or 90?) used "Ed 3.0" by Mike Sweet (author of CGFX7 C library) which has about the same buffer size as TSEdit (or vim/vi). The reason I like Ed is it's a menu driven full screen editor and not line oriented. Ed also supports tabs, cut/copy/paste, and mouse. It's also stable (as most of Mike's stuff was). Not a bunch of commands to remember, though control keys are available for most functions. And No... it is not an OSk editor. It was written on a Coco, for the Coco in OS9 L2 C code.

For a "no line limit" editor in OS9, you would have to go with "DynaStar" (Frank Hogg?) or "ScreenStar" (Spectra Systems?), both of which load their buffer dynamically from disk and have no file size limit. Both are similar to "WordStar" and have high learning curves.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com