[Coco] Well... My TDP-100 is in sad shape.

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Mon Mar 2 22:57:48 EST 2015

For today’s installment of “This Old Coco” I managed to dig out batteries for my digital camera and take pictures.

Here is a picture of my well used/well loved TDP-100 that has seen better days, and needs some TLC. You can see the AC power switch, and the AC bulb for power.

https://flic.kr/p/qv16mZ

Here is the insides (You can see the broken switches, and the two wires unattached from the Mark Data Composite Adapter. I know where the blue wire goes, I have to figure out where the green one goes. Reset switch in upper left corner underneath system – you can see the wire running to it.):

https://flic.kr/p/quMWa7

Closeup of original Lowerkit (Notice the heatsink on the SAM – Spectrum Projects used to sell these):

https://flic.kr/p/rrG9v9

Closeup of the Mark Data Products Composite Adapter:

https://flic.kr/p/rrG9JL

I tried soldering bridges across the connections on the power supply. The new solder I bought is crap, and won’t flow right. I ordered some more. So, that will have to wait. The double sided tape under the MDP composite adapter dried out, and it broke loose, hence the two detached wires. I have to buy some double stick foam tape at the Dollar Store.

I’ll probably de-solder the F4 key station and transplant it to the broken key. I’ll have to put a sticker on it, or find a replacement keycap. I might find the original in a box someday.

BTW... Which chip do I need to change out to speed up the serial port? I might as well do it while I’m fixing everything else.

-[ Al ]-