[Coco] CoCo Forum

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 16:46:34 EST 2015

To all CoCoNutz,

First, I want to be crystal clear about my intention here: it never has
been or ever will be to siphon traffic from the mailing list Dennis so
graciously hosts and moderates for us. The mailing list has a very rich
history and is loaded with extremely knowledgeable people. With that
said....

About four years ago I was just learning HTML for my job, and created
tandycoco.com as my practice site. About this time, CoCo3.com came under
several attacks causing disruption and loss of data. Several members there
and here on the list asked me if I'd be interested in hosting a new forum
on tandycoco.com. It took a little bit, but, I finally created one,
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum (link should also be below in my sig).

It's only purpose was to give CoCoNutz another method of communicating and
discussing our favorite 8 - bitter. As stated above, this was never though
of as a replacement for the mailing list. Some people prefer forums, others
do not.

If any of you software or hardware gurus wish to post about and discuss
your projects there, a forum for those subjects was created when the forum
went online.

The website, blog and forum are not going to disappear as long as Aaron
hosts them and I haven't passed thru the Pearly Gates. And even if Aaron
were to cease hosting, I'd move them to another hosting service. You do
have to register and I manually approve/deny all memberships. Unless your
IP originates in China, Pakistan, India or some other country not known for
the CoCo or its relatives to have been sold, I usually approve within
minutes of your signing up.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

Brian