[Coco] Question re: NitrOS9

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Jun 30 23:50:18 EDT 2015

I am currently working on an FPGA project running a synthesized 6809 at
25MHz with a VGA display and PS/2 keyboard.  It is loosely based on
Grant Searle's Multicomp implementation but I've got a MMU that emulates
the CoCo 3 with 512kB of memory and a hardware timer that will provide
interrupts at a range of different frequencies including 10 Hz, 100 Hz,
30 Hz, etc.  It also has a Dallas Semi real-time-clock, a couple of
serial ports, and I'm working on an SD card interface.

What I'd like to know are the minimum requirements to run NitrOS9 as my
next step will be to start porting it over.  This could be a handy
little system for anyone who wants to run NitrOS9 on a small computer
the size of a deck of playing cards or smaller.  Initially, it will just
have a text-based display with an IBM CGA character set and the
display/keyboard will just run as if it were a serial terminal like a
VT-100.

Dave Philipsen