[Coco] tandy 1000 ex/hx external 720k drive to use on coco

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 23:30:59 EDT 2015

No, you need a power supply from a drive, like the Coco drives. There is a standard adapter that will adapt to the proper plug. I have 2 or three I use. I got them out of old PCs that had been equipped with 5.25 drives but were set up for 3.5 drives. There is no room in that case for the power supply (IIRC). I was using mine as a "3rd" drive so I had a Coco drive setting next to it that I put a splitter on the porew cable and ran one to the case. I had an old PC ribbon cable that had both 3.5 & 5.25 drive headers so I used that as well.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com