[Coco] Backing up a HD to an SD

Sun Jun 14 01:23:44 EDT 2015

Try DSAVE -t /ND >/d2/dsave.s or where ever and look at the generated script.

I never in my last years piped DSAVE to a shell. Too often I needed to edit it after an error to restart just after the error (Not the error we are discussing perhaps).

>> The makdir command may throw some errors if a directory already exist, but the process does not abort, try it.

It would be interesting to compare DSAVE generated scripts with and without the "-t" parameter. That would pin down what it does for sure.

Do we have OSK manuals on line. That was the model for the addition.

"I'm feeling ignorant" is not your problem as so many of the commands are not documented at all other than they exist.

The person who worked on DSAVE was not the person who worked on MAKDIR. Maybe

SHF