[Coco] Backing up a HD to an SD

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Sun Jun 14 00:19:38 EDT 2015

On 6/13/2015 5:23 PM, Barry Nelson wrote:
> If the hard drive is OS9 formatted, you don't have to modify the dsave output, or change makdir, you can just run this:
> CHD /OD
> DSAVE -T /ND ! SHELL -P
>
> The makdir command may throw some errors if a directory already exist, but the process does not abort, try it.

  Okay, I fooled with this a bit on my little CC3. My main CC3 with the
hard disk is down for the moment. The little CC3 only has one 3.5"
floppy. I've been relying on the "main" CC3 for all my disk builds and
communications to a PC, which I no longer have (soon to be corrected).

  So I tried a few things on the little CC3 on-screen to see what it
would do.
  Dsave has no idea what the script it writes will do. I don't know what
the Pipe descriptor does so I can't say one way or another...yet.
  I did type in "dsave -?" and "T" was not on the list.  Is that a
hidden thing?
  Now "m" was in the list used as "-m" and it is supposed to keep it
from creating a new directory but does this mean that, IN NO WAY will it
create a new one? or only if there is one there already?
  Darn, I feel stupid right now. I thought I used to know quite a lot
about this OS and now, I'm feeling ignorant.

George R