[Coco] Disk image

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jul 27 09:48:10 EDT 2015

On Monday 27 July 2015 04:03:55 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 27 July 2015 03:31:49 Dave Philipsen wrote:
> > So, are you still in contact with Bud?  I haven't talked to him
> > since probably 1991.  Does he care if the CSC assemblers or any
> > other of his work is disseminated?
>
> I never asked about the assemblers, just Sleuth.  I got the impression
> that he was more intersted in seeing it used, than in any miniscule
> amount of money he could make selling it.
>
> > Actually, I bought the source code from him for
> > the assemblers.  I also remember using Sleuth.  In fact, Sleuth
> > probably helped me land a job at the corporate HQ of a company down
> > in Texas back in the 80s because I believe it was Sleuth that I used
> > to reverse engineer a little 6809-based controller board and the
> > company needed some firmware changes.  The original company that
> > designed the board was unwilling to make the changes so I stepped up
> > to the plate. They hired me on in no time.
> >
> > Dave Philipsen
>
> I'd have to go back thru my email corpus here to locate my last msg
> from Bud.  I have around 13 years worth, and I expect its been most of
> 10 years since we last msgd each other.
>
> Except that when I fired off the search, it reports scanning 1447
> messages, so my inbox housekeeping is good.  So now I have sent it to
> look at the coco folder which is a couple gigabytes.  And this will
> take some time. This is only a quad core phenom, but amanda is running
> too. My backup program...
>
> Humm, 87324 messages searched for sleuth in the subject, pass in the
> from, and no hits.  Strange.  I'll send another search party out in
> the morning when I have a bit more of the machine to use.

Did that, not a great bit of luck, so I must have called him on the
phone.  At the time I did it, the phone number in the docs was valid.
Might have to do some googling to find a current number.  He was in
Conyers GA at the time. I have faint memories of talking to him twice.

At any  rate, Bill Pierce has dl'd what I have, and has now fixed the
character case usages to match our current defs, and has added most of
those defines Boisy has newly defined.  And apparently I did not add the
6309 stuff, so someone with adequate 6309 docs still needs to do that.

Bill Pierce, if you've time to pack up what you've done in one of our
later archiveing tools, and send it to me, I'll put that up on my web
page too.  No use of others haveing to re-invent that same sized wheel
repeatedly. A .dsk would be handy since many of us have drivewire.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)