[Coco] NitrOS-9 dsave command

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 17:07:24 EDT 2015

As an alternative to the DSave cmd, I use "arc", which allows me to copy ANY directory to ANY disk system, including sub-directories if needed. It will copy just files, just directories, directories and files, multiple directorie levels, etc. I have used it on full 120 meg HDs with no problems. The cmd syntax is simple and needs no pipes. I've used arc since the late 80s when I got it off of Delphi.

Usage: arc [-acdeflmuv] from_dir to_dir
Example:

 arc -cde /x1 /h0/FILES (copies all files from /x1 to /h0//files but asks permission for each file and directory).

    a = all files

    c = confirm file if not there

    d = confirm non-existant directory

    e = confirm existing directory

    f = prevent copy of files

    ln = only n levels of the tree (0-9)

    m = do multiple (all) directories

    v = verify the copy

    u = force uppercase for comparisons

The only problem i've had is directories that start with numbers (originally illegal in OS9) and files with the "s" attribute set. I have the source so this could easilly be addressed as well.

You can find "arc" on "My Favorite OS9/NitrOS9 Utilities" disk image on my site.

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/favorite-os9-utilities

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/