[Coco] NitrOS-9 dsave command

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Jul 24 16:38:33 EDT 2015

Bill wrote:
> Without manually creating each directory on /D1 and using the command CHD /DD/CMDS, DSAVE -S32 /D1/CMDS ! SHELL, all I ended up with was /D1 with every one of the files from every directory in one place.

The new version of dsave included with the NitrOS-9 disks uses only one
directory in the command line, the destination directory. That means you can't
do what you want. The original dsave command in OS-9 Level-II had both the
source and destinations in the command line.

In any case, you will need to create the target directory on the fresh disk,
move into the required directory on /DD, and then dsave to the target directory
on the new disk. Any sub-directories will automatically be created.

Robert