[Coco] Off topic, but has lists.sourceforge.net hung itself for good?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jul 19 21:44:30 EDT 2015

On Sunday 19 July 2015 20:19:24 Christopher R. Hawks wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 19:39:18 -0400 (EDT)
>
> Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Jul 2015, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > That was the beginning of the end for that MBA.  He was exposed as

> > I knew we were all in trouble when the business world renamed the
> > "personnel" department to "human resources".
>
> 	I was a Civil Servant way back up the log.  When the
> department name changed, we started calling the head of 'Personnel'
> the Inhuman Racehorse Detector (Human Resources Director). It wasn't
> taken too kindly, but, we were Civil Servants...

Chuckle.  I've also heard that they gave everyone a fawncy job title so
they wouldn't have to pay them a fawncy salary. ;-)  I had an aunt,
passed 18 years or so back, spent the last 20 years of her working life
at Herlong CA.

Supposedly Top Secret, but some of the stories she brought home about the
people there were real belly busters.

I actually toured the place by serendipity, out playing in the high
desert on my Honda and turned into an open gate with decade old+ tire
tracks just visible in the dirt & desert vegetation.  But once I'd
topped the ridge and could look down the other side, I figured out just
where I was pretty fast.  So I drove slowly so as not to raise any dust,
and went on down the hill to verify the rad signs on the quonset hut
doors.  Old & faded, but they were there just the same.  Then I left
just as quietly. 2 guys in the guard shack were playing cards & watching
395, never once turned to look behind them at what they were supposedly
guarding.

Had I been caught, I probably would still be on a missing persons list
yet, 30+ years later.  No trouble at all finding a place to disappear a
body in that country.  Might be eons to find it.

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft
> --
> Is a mirage real?  Well, it's a real mirage.  -- Edward Abbey
>        \   ^__^
>
>                ||----w |

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)