[Coco] cocosdc info

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 23:36:25 EDT 2015

Actually, you can format an RSDOS disk image (DSKINI) and backup an OS9 disk to it from RSDOS using "BACKUP", I used to do it all the time.
But... the 2 disks must be the same size. You cannot backup a 40trk DSDD OS9 disk to a 35trk SSDD RSDOS formatted disk.
The RSDOS backup just does a "sector by sector" copy, so it doesn't matter if it's RSDOS or OS9, as long as it's 35trk, SSDD, 256 bytes per sector.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com