[Coco] drive issues

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Mon Jul 13 22:48:35 EDT 2015

I am no expert, that being said I pull my 30 year old drive out whenever
I want and it works every time.  Hasn't been treated very well either.

Still, is it a drive issue?  Whenever I have issues, it turns out to be
contacts -- unplug your controller and clean the edge connector. Unplug
your drive cable on both ends and clean all of those edge connectors.
Put the system back together, perhaps without an MPI if you were using
one before, and see if you still have "drive issues."  If you don't, you
were having edge connector issues instead, which is very common since
all the connectors are those cheapo tin ones and not gold plated ones
generally.

If you've already done this, well.... you probably have drive issues :)

-RobertH