[Coco] Zaxxon - CoCo3 w/RGB

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sun Jul 12 18:51:08 EDT 2015

 Another option is to build my CoCo 3 RGB -> SCART cable and and use an SCART to HDMI adapter. If you switch off the voltage applied to pin 16 on the SCART connector, the adapter changes to composite mode on the monitor, artifact colors and all, so you can switch back and forth between artifact and RGB. You need a TV or monitor with an SCART input, or any of the readily available commercial SCART -> HDMI adapters and a monitor or TV with an HDMI input.

Don't ask me to make a cable. I only provide the research, info, and the wiring diagram. I do have a pdf including pictures I can send.

I used this SCART to HDMI converter for $44.90
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310620740857?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
But any other one should work fine.

Wiring
CoCo monitor out pins 1 + 2, ground, to SCART pins 4, 5, 9, 13, 17, and 18
CoCo monitor out pin 3, red video, to SCART pin 15
CoCo monitor out pin 4, green video, to SCART pin 11
CoCo monitor out pin 5, blue video, to SCART pin 7
CoCo monitor out pin 7, audio, to SCART pins 2 and 6
CoCo composite video out center wire to SCART pin 20 composite/sync
+5V connected to a 100 ohm resistor to SCART pin 16