[Coco] Drivewire info

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Sat Jul 11 15:33:53 EDT 2015

  I've never used drive wire on NitrOS-9. Heck, I've never tried
NitrOs9. So, any/all future questions are as a newbie....

   Can drivewire be configured to use it's connection to a PC as a
default hard drive, say, as the CMDS directory? Perhaps as a total
replacement, except for the boot disk?

  I'm thinking that if it can do that, then I may be able to eliminate
my need for a replacement hard drive.
  Of course, this means I have to convert to Nitros9 so that issue does
not need to be mentioned.
  I have a laptop with plenty of HD space, a DB9 connection and W-7 OS.
  The coco I want to connect to it is a CC3, 512K, 3 com ports and that
laptop takes very little space and uses very little power, generates
very little heat and it seems it would be perfect for what I'm thinking.

George R