[Coco] Zaxxon - CoCo3 w/RGB

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Jul 11 12:50:00 EDT 2015

It sounds like what you're referring to may simply be the absence of
artifact colors, as expected under RGB, rather than the colors being "off".

In some games, there was a provision to correct this by pressing the Clear
key as the game boots up.  This causes the game to use the equivalent of
PMODE 3, with more colors, rather than the equivalent of PMODE 4.  Even
before the CoCo 3, some games did this, to allow the colors on PAL monitors.

Art