[Coco] OT: Windows 7 folder disappeared???

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Jul 7 20:55:31 EDT 2015

I'm sorry for the OT subject, but have no source for Windows to ask!
Please reply in e-mail.
I have a folder under My Documents that has effectively disappeared, but it's still there! A couple days ago it disappeared from Explorer (file Explorer). I didn't notice before, as it's a document folder that I use with Libre Office (an off-shoot of Open Office). I tried to attach a document and the folder didn't appear in the pop-up file box. So I went to Explorer directly and it wasn't there either. Rather than panic, I opened Libre Office and all my files appear in the "open" window! I can open them from Libre Office with no problem, but they do open as "read only". All the files are there and open fine (well, I tried three random files). Go back to Explorer and nothing! I created a new folder and saved the document I was trying to attach to an e-mail from Libre Office using "save as" to the new location and had no issues. So what caused my folder to disappear? The folder name is "FRANK" (just like that, all caps), and I know I've not renamed it or anything. Have good anti-virus software. So what happened, and how can I get it back? If no good answer I guess I'll have to open all documents in Libre Office and save in a new folder... Frank Swygert
Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
803-604-6548