[Coco] [coco] USB to RS232 adapter

Mathew Boytim maboytim at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 20:00:41 EDT 2015

Hi George,

You want one that uses the FTDI chip.  Avoid the ones that use the Prolific chip.  The Prolific driver seemed okay with Windows XP but with Windows 7 I get BSOD after not long and I just can't use anymore.  The FTDI driver has been no problem.  The super cheap ones from China tend to use the Prolific chip (PL203 driver I think).

I don't know a particular one to suggest that uses the FTDI chip but including 'ftdi' in an ebay search seems to find some.  The ones I use are logic level not rs232 level (don't have the logic to rs232 level translators) so you wouldn't want waht I use.

Matt