[Coco] new release: RGB Monitor Test v1.0

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Sun Jul 5 17:07:14 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have recently been working on some Sony PVM broadcast monitors that I picked
up for use with my Coco and Commodore machines, and I thought that it would be
nice to have a tool for conveniently generating video test patterns for
calibration and testing of the monitors.  So this weekend I wrote one.

It has a few different modes: a 64-color matrix (for setting RGB levels,
brightness, contrast), dots and lines (for setting geometry, convergence), and
solid color (for purity).  You can change the colors (red, green, blue, white)
and the width/spacing in the geometrical modes.  I have a ZIP file for people
to download:

http://www.fascinationsoftware.com/media/Coco3_RGB_Monitor_Test_v1.0.zip

This contains two DSK images.  RGB200 runs with the 320x200 resolution, and
RGB225 runs with the 320x225 resolution.

The 225-line version fits perfectly in my CM-8 display.  In addition to using
this with real CRTs, it is also nice for developing and testing the VGA
converters like Roy's or Luis's.

Richard