[Coco] 35 track or 40 track floppy drives

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jul 5 14:44:06 EDT 2015

I remember wanting to do direct writes to sectors when I was a kid, and it
involved using 42 tracks, but it's possible that it wasn't the Tandy drive
anymore... at some point, my parents bought a Disto drive pair by mail
(made in Laval, QC), and it's very possible that only the Disto could go
up to 42 tracks, but I don't really know.

Most if not all floppies (disks) had 42 tracks. I don't remember whether
any of them were really built with only 35 or something in-between.