[Coco] e-mail app???

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 18:35:10 EDT 2015

Aaron, I think you're a little backwards on the "dw server list" command as it will "list" TO the Coco, not from it. Giving it a URI will just end in "http://www.xxx.com is not a file", unless the URI was actually to a file, then it would be listed on the Coco, not the URI (unless you have another implementation of it I have not seen :-)
This is the very same command I use in the "Internet Update" feature of all my software to download the software updates from the net , to the Coco as well as the "PC to Coco" copy mode in MShell.

The only way I've found to list a file TO the PC (or a URI), without using the "Inetd", "Http", or "Telnet", is by using the print function you mentioned. In my software, I save the current dw print settings, then redirect the print file to the destination and filename of my choice, "print" the file, then reset the dw printer to it's origial state afterwards.

I use "dw config set Printr(1).OutputFile C:/xxxx/xxxx.xxx", to set the dir/file I need for the file, then to get the newly updated files for my updater to the dropbox site, I just send (list xxxx.xxx >/P) the new updated files to my local copy of my dropbox folder (monitored by dropbox), dropbox then picks it up and uploads it to the dropbox site.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com