[Coco] The CoCo Crew Podcast -- Episode 1 now available!

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Sat Jul 4 16:02:28 EDT 2015

Al,

First of all, thanks for the feedback.  It is nice to know that
someone is listening! :-)

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 09:02:22PM -0400, Al Hartman wrote:
> A good episode. My only criticism is that the 6809 section was of no
> interest to me, and I think it would be more useful split off and maybe
> expanded into a Programmer's Corner podcast. It's obvious John has a lot of
> Knowledge to share, and there is an audience for that. Maybe he could have
> guests who could give tutorials on programming techniques. It could be part
> of the main podcast, but I'd ask that it come after the main podcast
> concludes and that nothing come after that a non programmer would miss if
> they turned it off at that point. Then, Indicate in the show notes where it
> starts so someone can come back to it later for reference.

Well, I'm glad that you enjoyed at least part of the episode.  We try
to cover news and a variety of topics, but it is difficult to please
everyone all the time.  Neil and I each have our own interests and
expertise, and it sounds like you might be more interested in the
topics that Neil is more equipped to cover.  Hopefully as the show
develops Neil will find more of a voice in the "on air" aspects of
the show.  I am quite happy to have him as a co-host and like you I
would like to hear more of what he has to say about the CoCo!

With that said, I like the technical content we are providing and I
intend to continue providing it as part of our show.  We will not
be segregating technical topics to some other podcast nor will we
apologize for technical coverage or put some sort of 'warning label'
on the technical segments.  I hope that everyone with an interest in
the CoCo has at least a passing interest in how the machine works.
But if not, then I'll have to refer you to the button on your music
player with two arrows pointing to the right... :-)

> It's a shame DBK's 6809 course is gone. I'm told that was a great course for
> people who wanted to learn how to program 6809. I should have bought one
> while they they were still available. In case someday I ever got the
> gumption to try to learn 6809 assembler.

It sounds like that course info may still be available -- I should have
referenced it in the podcast!  Of course, I did mention some other
6809 reference material in the podcast.  You may want to check-out
that segment afterall... ;-)

John