[Coco] e-mail app???

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Sat Jul 4 00:05:00 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "K. Pruitt"
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] e-mail app???

>I think the solution would be to run everything SMS-related from the PC,
>and just configure the software to accept  the text from the Coco via
>drivewire.
>
> Of course I don't have the details for this software I speak of, but it
> seems logical to throw all the work-load on to the PC.
>
> --

For example, I wanted my CoCo to be able to tell my PC to do things. I came
up with this Rube-Goldberg style method of having the CoCo send a txt file
to /p and then I used a cron utility on my PC to check the printer directory
every minute and convert the text file to a .BAT file and run it. It was
clumsy and inconvenient but it worked.

So what I am saying it the CoCo only has to treat the text message it wants
to send as any other string of characters. The CoCo never needs to know
anything about SMS. All that can be handled on the PC with pre-existing open
source software, with all that is needed to be added is a software interface
to pick up that simple string of characters from the CoCo and pass it along
to the SMS software.