[Coco] 1MB, 2MB, 8MB upgrades Was: Clud9 512K upgrade for the Coco3

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 03:55:17 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Its a 2 day ago clone?  Am I cloning the wrong branch?
>
> From my script:
>
> hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code nitros9
> cd nitros9
> hg update lwtools-port # this step is temporarily needed
> export NITROS9DIR=$PWD
> mkdir dsks # this step is temporarily needed
> make dsk
> make dskcopy

Please follow the build instructions and not your old scripts :p

The lwtools-port line above, marked "this step is temporarily needed",
turned obsolete and potentially harmful a little more than a year ago.
This was duly announced*.

Just run "hg update default" and you're back in business.

FWIW I gave you a new script long time ago*...

In general, the steps are so simple no scripts are needed. If you
already have a clone:

cd nitros9
hg pull
hg update
make clean
make dsk

If you're only building disk images for yourself, e.g. coco3_6309, you
can save time and energy by replacing the last line with:
make dsk PORTS=coco3_6309

Regards,
Tormod

*) http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco/75000