[Coco] 1MB, 2MB, 8MB upgrades Was: Clud9 512K upgrade for the Coco3

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jan 30 03:36:53 EST 2015

On Friday 30 January 2015 03:27:43 Tormod Volden did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > There was once, a long time ago, a byte in the init file that had to
> > be changed from a $1f to a $7f in order for all the memory of my 2
> > meg kit to be reported, but this was well before the 6309 was
> > discovered.  I just checked the only init.asm in a 2 day old pull,
> > and apparently that byte has disappeared sometime in the last 20+
> > years as it is not there today, nor is there a reference to it's
> > being removed in the .asm files header.
>
> If it was removed after development was moved to mercurial, you can
> find out in the repo history when it happened at least.
>
> > Also, in the FWIW category, the just built init module still shows
> > its version 3.2.9 in the sign-on blurb.  If we are now calling it
> > 3.3.0, should this not also be updated?
>
> You're looking at old code. "hg summ" and "hg diff" might tell you
> something.
>
> Tormod

Its a 2 day ago clone?  Am I cloning the wrong branch?

From my script:

hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code nitros9
cd nitros9
hg update lwtools-port # this step is temporarily needed
export NITROS9DIR=$PWD
mkdir dsks # this step is temporarily needed
make dsk
make dskcopy

Thanks Tormod.

Cheers, Gene Heskett