[Coco] worst game ever review: pooyan

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 28 03:43:43 EST 2015

It's a great little arcade game based on the smash arcade hit. The CoCo
version is quite a faithful repoduction considering the graphics
limitations of the CoCo 1/2.

The game ran at .89Mhz on a CoCo 1/2 but considering the number and
quality of the moving objects on screen, a great effort.

Run the patched version for CoCo3 and you're playing at 1.78 Mhz and a
better improved 4 color PMODE3 color palette.

The goal in the first round is to prevent the wolves from floating down
from above using the balloons to cushion their fall. Don't allow them to
land otherwise they climb the tree behind you and try to byte you (the
piglet) from behind.

In the next round they are inflating balloons and try to float to the
top in order to gather together as a group to push the rock over the
edge and send you crashing to the ground.

Not so silly once you know what's going on eh?   :)

A great arcade game for anyone who like classic 80's arcade video games.
If you prefer chess, then this (and most other arcade games) are not
your cup of tea.

The scanned documentation is in the excellent CoCo Archives repository.

To see a really nice remake on the PC, go to:
http://www.underwaredesign.com/?page=programs.Pooyan

Nick