[Coco] 'arc' copy command and Stack Overflow (ERROR #207)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Jan 26 00:25:28 EST 2015

> On Jan 25, 2015, at 11:14 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Willard, this makes me wonder why the NitrOS9 repo disks have a directory tree with:
> NITROS9 / 6309L2 / MODULES /etc
> I can access it OK and I can even create such a DIR, but the 'arc' utility will not copy it. I've renamed mine to CC36309L2 so I never have problems.
> Maybe this is something we need to address in the repo builds?

Oh! I bet I know why! Isn't there a system call that validates file names for RBF? I just searched, and found F$PrsNam, but I do not think that was it. Something in RBF returns an error if you try to $Create a bad filename, doesn't it?

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!

P.S. Since 4/15/14, I have earned OVER $600  in Amazon gift cards via Swagbucks! Use my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman