[Coco] NitrOS-9 and VDGINT

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jan 25 02:57:22 EST 2015

> On Jan 25, 2015, at 1:49 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Bob, as I told Allen in an email... termvdg is hard coded for window number 0. Just renaming it won't work. You are trying to load a window number 0 over a window number 0. You already have a term in the boot... use v1.dw.
> Why is everyone so intent on loading the term? The only way you're going to get 2 terms in memory to work is first, to rename internally, 2nd to renumber (internally) as well.

Heh. In the olden days, "term" meant VDG to me. My system always booted with W1 and all the rest had been modified to default to 80 columns with white on black. The only TERM I had was VDG. (Early on, there may have been some software hard coded to look for /TERM, but nothing I used.)

> I just followed my own instructions on a freshly built repo disk in both VCC and my Coco 3. Both worked flawlessly.
> Again, the instructions:
>
> merge nitros9/6x09l2/modules/scf/covdg.io nitros9/6x09l2/modules/scf/v1.dw >/dd/cmds/vdgs (replace x with your cpu)
> attr /dd/cmds/vdgs e pe  (this may not be needed)
> load vdgs
> iniz /v1
> shell i=/v1&    (the & is important as it releases the calling shell)
> <clear>
> done.
>
> I'm doing a video right now to prove it works.

Yes. I believe it works for you, but that's doesn't help me out with it not working for me.

I'd be curious to know if your CLEAR works after you iniz /v1... My system locks up when I CLEAR over to it.

I just want to know why it doesn't work for me, and would like some others to try this too. Clearly we have something different. My boot is still stock out of the repository .dsk image with no customization.

		-- A