[Coco] Cobbler and ERROR 244 on CoCoSDC

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 21:21:18 EST 2015

> On Jan 23, 2015, at 8:15 PM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I set the dmode of /dd to:
>
> cyl=0400 sid=01 spt=0012 t0s=0012

spt? I've seen you type that twice -- typo for sct?

I did try that but it did not change anything. I assumed (?) the LSN0 information on the disk was being used and the descriptor settings were not.

> This still makes the same number of sectors on the disk.
> It also makes the disk *look* like a standard disk to DECB, albeit larger.
>
> A LBA accessed disk image can certainly be bootable. That's what "nos96309l2v030300coco3_cocosdc.dsk" is all about. From the CocoSDC docs, anything over 2880 sectors is treated as an LBA disk.

400 cylinders would be less than 2880, so that would still be a floppy then, but the CoCoSDC disk image is 4800 which is greater. I am guessing the toolshed tools use the actual sector and is not confused by sides like the cobbler/kutil/os9gen seem to be. Hrm.

		-- Allen