[Coco] Madness and the Minotaur

John Riddle jcriddle74 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 20:50:11 EST 2015

Hi,
Back in the day, MatM was probably my favorite (although certainly most
frustrating) adventure game.  Remember writing two letters to the editor to
Hot Coco; these were published sometime during the summer of '84 I think.
I'll have to look them up.  Still have the entire set as well as Rainbow on
a bookshelf down in the basement.  Haven't touched them in over 10 years..
ugh.

Anyhow - I think the .CAS image of MatM in the archive might be corrupt.
In MESS, approx 2-3 minutes into gameplay, each time, it'll freeze and get
some random funky characters on the text screen.  I've reproduced it
consistently each time I've tried it.  I've reproduced this on a copy of
Mess64 running on a Mac and also SDLMess on an Ubuntu system.

That being said, I was able to track down the copy I dumped from tape to
disk and it has been working without any issues.  I can submit this to the
archive but I'm not sure what the standard procedure is for doing such.

I did try out a couple of the other CAS images from the archive (Bedlam and
Pyramid) and both ran without problem.  Would be curious if someone else
could try the MatM .CAS image from the archive and see what happens.
John