[Coco] Worst game ever...

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 23 17:07:28 EST 2015

On 24/01/2015 7:02 AM, Bill Loguidice wrote:
> We saw photos of Pooyan with the better color palette on Facebook, but I
> think no one had the ROM. Is there one available somewhere?

I have it but it crashes on my CoCo3. I wonder if this hacked version is
clashing with the CoCoSDC. I don't know why it would. It runs in VCC.

More on Alternate Reality...

I ran it up and I think it is a pretty good port. This port was done by
James Garon of Datasoft (he did Pooyan) and is quite good. The turn
based nature of the game suits the OS-9 environment. The game is PMODE 4
black/buff so uses artifacting which is B/W on a CoCo3 with an RGB Monitor.

Overall, the presentation of the game is quite good although lacking the
colors of the Atari version and the music. I wonder if it's meant to
support the Sound and Speech cartridge? I'm too lazy to hook up my
Multi-Pac to try it. Anyone here got it running with a SSC? What does it
sound like?

Coming from James Garon, it may be good.

It's not quit my style of game but for those who enjoy role playing
games, this is good. It even has a small 3D environment you can navigate
in and the speed is comparible to the Atari, may even be a bit faster
(judging by the YouTube videos) and this is probably due to the lower
color resolution used on the CoCo.

Check it out. Anyone want to make a YouTube video of it (with SCC if it
supports it) to show it off to the world?

Nick