[Coco] Worst game ever...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Jan 22 10:36:45 EST 2015

> On Jan 22, 2015, at 9:02 AM, Bill Loguidice <bill at armchairarcade.com> wrote:
>
> I do like your idea of finding some of the worst CoCo games on cartridge. I
> would also love us to do the exercise of best CoCo games on cartridge, and
> then best original CoCo games (not ports or direct clones) on cartridge.
> The latter was something I tried to do in "Vintage Game Consoles" when
> selecting 10 games to highlight for each of the included systems in the
> book. If the primary focus wasn't on originals or platform exclusives,
> there'd be quite a bit of redundant talk of arcade ports found on multiple
> platforms, since that's often what people point to as their favorites.
> There's nothing wrong with that, but it kind of takes away focus from
> platform originals.

And here's a bonus ... we find the WORST cartridge game, then we see who wants to remake it as something good.

Google the 4K Pac-Man Atari 2600 for an example... Using the same memory limits of the original release, someone was able to do a very good Pac-Man -- one that COULD have been done then, given more time (or better developers?).

I still remember the huge full page spread ad in a Houston newspaper for Pac-Man when it was coming out for the 2600.

		-- A