[Coco] Build NitrOS9 on Windows, step by step

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 04:23:38 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Kip Koon wrote:
> All,
> When I use "make -B" to build  the repo I get an incredible amount of info to the screen.  How do I stop this?  I imagine that is why my builds take so long.  I guess I really need to read the man pages on make.  :P

I made some patches once for a "pretty" build output with less text.
However information is then lost and it gets even more difficult to
help people when "it doeznt work, thx bye" so I decided to not apply
them.

You can silence the whole build by appending > /dev/null 2>&1
or you can redirect to a build log with > build-1.log 2>&1
but I don't know how fast the latter is on msys. It is insane that
printing to the console is so slow on modern hardware in 2015. And
that's not a Windows thing, also on Linux some terminal emulators are
dog slow, for not to mention the new Kernel Mode Setting consoles.

Tormod