[Coco] Building NitrOS-9 on Mac OS X

nickma2 at optusnet.com.au nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 22 00:52:27 EST 2015

I think that is unique to OS-9. I'm not aware of any other OS where
there is so much rebuilding of the kernal just to make changes to a
driver or library.

I think it was a feature of OS-9 and it's ability to create a custom
kernal for specific applications in the use of embedded controller
applications of the time. A very good feature for this particular task
back in the early 80's but, as a more generic and mainstream OS
running desktop applications, seems a bit convoluted.

Still, the OS gurus seems to love the challenge of constantly fixing
it to work.

I haven't the time or interest, preferring to see new applications
developed to take advantage of the OS's power.

I guess I'm an impatient bastard.   :)

Nick