[Coco] OS-9 128MB max hard drive - /sd1

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 22:01:04 EST 2015

If I boot in to SDC-DOS, and mount the CoCo SDC NItrOS-9 boot disk in DRIVE 0, and make a blank disk for DRIVE 1:

DRIVE 0,"COCOSDC.NEW"
DRIVE 1,"NEWDISK.DSK",NEW

Stop me when I get something wrong:

When I boot, I should be able to format /sd1 and use it under OS-9.

I get ERROR #208 (Illegal Service Request) when I try to format it, though.

I wanted to dmode /sd1 to a 128MB max size, then format it and start using it to copy things to. Bob Devries showed me a partition approach, which I may try, assuming tools like "os9" can access files on a partitioned image...

		-- Allen