[Coco] LWTools & Nitros9 Build

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:19:35 EST 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Chad H wrote:
> Hey now!  In all fairness it depends on the situation.  I have written applications in GWBASIC, ASIC, QuickBASIC, C, ASM_Batch, VisualBasic 6, Visual Studio .NET and the common denominator has always been a Microsoft based PC.  While the first few ran on DOS and didn't require Windows, doubtful they would work on a Linux or Mac.

Well, true. The situation here is maintaining a cross-platform
application (or build environment). If you make something exclusively
for Windows I guess Windows can work. But otherwise Windows will
always put a spanner in the works, and cost you more effort than the
other platforms together.

> I can't remember the last time I bought a Windows application.  With so much SourceForge and other open source software out there now I don't feel the need.

At least for Windows you can actually buy software :p

> THIS IS NOT MEANT TO START A PLATFORM FLAME...just saying.

Too late! :)

Tormod