[Coco] MC6847 External Character ROM

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:20:56 EST 2015

Juan Castro
Enviado do meu Olivetti Programma 101

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

> On 20/01/2015 12:27 AM, Juan Castro wrote:
>
>> I distinctly remember playing with a ROM that allowed 256 different
>> characters, not just 128.
>>
>> Se also: the PC-6001, which has a 6847 and uses an external char ROM out
>> of
>> the box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfPtrWETdEQ (At about 10 minutes
>> 15 seconds)
>>
>> And I thoroughly approve the SRAM idea.
>>

> Cool Juan!
>
> I like the way it uses the inverse color set for a dimmer green background
> and brighter  letters.

Also seen on the Brazilian CCE MC-1000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4GwCeawFBk -- only this one uses the
native charset and a crappy Apple-like BASIC.

I noticed a Hitachi MB6890 (Hitachi Peach in Australia) sitting behind him
> on the bench. These were available here in Australia and I had always
> wanted one. A 6809 system with slots. He even had the official Hitachi
> color monitor!

We want software for that one! If anyone has links to disk images we'll be
eternally grateful.