[Coco] MC6847 External Character ROM

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 19 14:10:16 EST 2015

On 20/01/2015 12:27 AM, Juan Castro wrote:
> I distinctly remember playing with a ROM that allowed 256 different
> characters, not just 128.
>
> Se also: the PC-6001, which has a 6847 and uses an external char ROM out of
> the box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfPtrWETdEQ (At about 10 minutes
> 15 seconds)
>
> And I thoroughly approve the SRAM idea.

Cool Juan!

I like the way it uses the inverse color set for a dimmer green
background and brighter  letters.

I noticed a Hitachi MB6890 (Hitachi Peach in Australia) sitting behind
him on the bench. These were available here in Australia and I had
always wanted one. A 6809 system with slots. He even had the official
Hitachi color monitor!

Nick