[Coco] SCD-DOS for Dragon computers

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:13:40 EST 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Ciaran Anscomb wrote:

> CoCoSDC doesn't support the variable header length of VDKs, and will
> only work when there's no disk name included - i.e., if the header is
> exactly 12 bytes long (file size 184332 bytes for 40T SS disk).

Okay, I just took a look at the SDC firmware source and Ciaran is correct.
A VDK header will only be recognized when the file size divided by 256 has
a remainder of 12.

I wasn't even aware that VDK headers could have a disk name included. I'm
having trouble finding any definitive information about the format.

- Darren