[Coco] MC6847 External Character ROM

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 16 20:49:39 EST 2015

> On Jan 16, 2015, at 7:42 PM, Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve got my External Character ROM prototype for the MC6847 working.
> There’s a few pics I put up here if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Wow. That takes me back. I need to crack open my CoCo 1 and see what model lowercase mod I had in it. It wasn’t the big brand — something cheaper… That’s really neat. I think my VDG was socketed on the CoCo 1.

I assume later CoCo’s had it soldered to the motherboard? Soldering would be required to install?

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!

P.S. Since 4/15/14, I have earned OVER $600  in Amazon gift cards via Swagbucks! Use my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman