[Coco] MPI Design

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Jan 15 00:11:22 EST 2015

On 1/13/2015 10:47 PM, Brian Goers wrote:
> On 1/11/2015 10:34 PM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
>> I decided that a first step to understanding the Coco IO would be to
>> design an MPI for at least my benefit,
> <Many lines deleted>
>> Is there value in doing a 6 or 8 or larger MPI?  It's trivial to do,
>> but the IO above takes up all of a 9572 IO, and each additional slot
>> takes 1 SCS, 1 CART, 1 CTS, 1 switch line, and 1 LED line (5 lines),
>> so if the design should handle 6 or 8 slots, I need to cut down on
>> the number of address lines coming in (maybe restrict it to 8 and use
>> the MPI trick of leveraging a '30 to grab address lines 8-15 when high.
>>
>> Also, any source for the PCB mount 20/40 connectors?
>>
>> Jim
> card edge connectors, 2 rows of 20.
> Search for Part # 395-040-520-202. Manufacturer EDAC.
> Mouser has some.

Thanks.  Wow, major expense :-)

I am checking on an alternate supplier that has better prices (but I
need to buy 1000 units).  I assume I can put the connectors in the store
and someone might have a need for them.

Any comments from anyone on the electrical portion?

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com