[Coco] Program to manipulate .DSK images

Tue Jan 13 21:48:40 EST 2015

Hi,

On Windows there are several.

EmuDisk
http://sourceforge.net/projects/emudisk/

CoCoDskUtil
http://cococoding.com/cocodskutil/

Toolshed
"Somewhere lost in the weird world of NitrOS-9"
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

OS9
ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/MSDOS/os9206a.zip

Jeff's and John's 6809 and 6309 MSDOS emulators, several utilities including Port

WordPad (Never Notepad) on Windows
I use it often to extract text but some editing is usually needed.

Lotus Magellan 2.0
The best program I have ever seen, it was in the box of blank disks I purchased to make copies of DOS 3.3. I still use it today and on W7 using the XPMODE Virtual Machine.

All have their good points and bad points, I use the one that will do the job the fastest.

As for the "control the CoCo using a serial terminal as a console" I think that we are one nail short of a cigar.

The basic part was in OS-9 from the start, but if you are talking about graphics, I thought about a way to do that 30+ years ago and may have started.

SHF