[Coco] Reinventing the wheel: DSK images

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 11:33:18 EST 2015

@Gene & Allen, Keith Alphonso put out a "Find" utility on one of his "Tools" disks in the early 90s. I use it all the time and it doesn't run out of stack space. I have used it (so far) on up to 120 meg drives (full to the rim) and no SP errors and it found what I was looking for.
Just look for "Tools II" by Alpha Technologies (I think) or let me know and I'll send ya a disk.
The only thing bad about it is that it lists every directory it searches and keeps searching after finding something and the screen keeps scrolling. You have to be quick with the BREAK key and watch the screen closely... or redirect the out put to a file and search that later. With a 120 meg disk, that's hard to do seeing that no OS9 text editor will load a file that large. On floppy images, this would be ideal.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com